Installation – Uninstallation
Important tips before proceeding with installation?
- Uninstall any other anti-virus programs.
- Check available hard disk space.
- Exit all programs before starting the installation
How do I install Quick Heal for Mac?
- Insert the installation CD/DVD into the drive and click Quick Heal Installer.app or download the installation package from the Quick Heal website.
- To launch the installer, click Quick Heal Total Security.dmg. Follow the instructions on installation screen and then click Next to continue.
- The Read Me file and the End-User License Agreement screen appears and click Agree to continue.
Can I install Quick Heal on another Mac computer?
If you install Quick Heal on another Mac computer, it is necessary to register your software after you install Quick Heal. You must perform the Registration procedure by providing new Product Key . Any previously obtained Product Key is invalid and will not work on another machine.
One Product Key can only be used for one computer.
How do I un-install Quick Heal?
- Insert the installation CD/DVD into the drive and click Quick Heal Un-installer.app.Follow the instructions on the uninstallation wizard and click Yes to continue.You may be prompted for credentials if the Password Protection is enabled for Quick Heal Total Security. Enter your password credentials and click OK.
- To continue with uninstallation without saving the repository, click Next. If you want to retain the repository, deselect the options to the respective repositories and click Next.
- Provide your user credentials.
The uninstallation process starts.
Identifying System Requirements
To use Quick Heal Total Security, your system should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Mac Computer with Intel Processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 700 MB free hard disk space
- Internet connection to receive updates
Why should I renew my copy of Quick Heal?
Once the subscription of your copy of Quick Heal expires, you need to renew it to continue receiving updates against the latest viruses. During renewal, you can renew your copy of Quick Heal for 1 year or 3 years.
What are the benefits of renewing Quick Heal?
The first benefit of renewing your Quick Heal copy is the continuous updates received during the renewed subscription period. These updates provide uninterrupted protection to your system and its data against the latest viruses and other threats.
Renewal is also a cost-effective solution when compared to purchasing a new product. The renewal code costs lesser than purchasing the new product and still provides uninterrupted protection against the latest and unknown threats and free upgrade to new version.
What are the benefits of renewing Quick Heal before the expiry date?
If you renew your copy of Quick Heal before subscription expiry, you will receive a bonus of two months' additional protection during renewal of subscription.
How can I obtain the Product key of Quick Heal?
If you have purchased the box copy of Quick Heal, the Product Key (or Serial Number) will be pasted on the User Guide or inside the box. If you have purchased the software online, you will find the Product Key in the email confirming the order.
What will be the validity period of Quick Heal upon renewal?
If you purchase a renewal code with validity for 1 Year or 3 Years and renew your copy of Quick Heal before subscription expiry, you will get subscription validity of 1 Year + 2 Months or 3 Years + 2 Months from the date of subscription expiry. If you renew your copy of Quick Heal after subscription expiry, then you will get 1 Year or 3 Year validity from the date of renewal.
Mr. John has a copy of Quick Heal Total Security for Mac that expires on April 10, 2013. He purchases a renewal code on March 10, 2013 and renews his copy. His new subscription validity is June 10, 2014 (1 Year + 2 Months).
Mr. Jack has a copy of Quick Heal Total Security for Mac that expires on April 10, 2013. He purchases a renewal code on May 10, 2013 and renews his copy. His new subscription validity is May 10, 2014 (1 Year).
Will I receive a CD upon renewal?
No, a CD is not provided for renewal. The purchased renewal code will extend the subscription of your copy of Quick Heal. If you want to upgrade to the latest Quick Heal product during your subscription validity, you can do it free of cost by downloading the Product Upgrade from the Upgrade page.
What is the validity period for renewal, after the subscription has expired?
As per Quick Heal Renewal Policy, if your copy of Quick Heal has expired then you can renew it within six months from the date of expiry.
What is the difference between reactivation and renewal?
If you need to uninstall your copy of Quick Heal from your machine and re-install it later, you must reactivate the software upon installation. This is called Reactivation. Extending the subscription validity of your copy of Quick Heal by purchasing a renewal code is called Renewal.
How can I get an additional pack with the renewal? Can I get a discount for the same?
During renewal of your copy of Quick Heal, if you purchase an additional copy of Quick Heal, you will receive a discount on the purchase of the additional copy. To know more, contact your nearest Quick Heal branch or distributor for the same. For a list of Quick Heal branches and distributors across the globe, please visit our Locate Dealer
If I have any queries regarding renewal of Quick Heal, which number do I call?
You can contact Quick Heal Support Center. You can also contact your nearest Quick Heal branch or distributor. For a list of Quick Heal branches and distributors across the globe, please visit our Locate Dealer page.
How do I renew Quick Heal after purchasing the renewal code?
After purchasing the renewal code from the distributor, you need to renew the copy of Quick Heal by performing the following steps:
- In case you do not have the renewal code, select I do not have renewal code with me. I want to purchase renewal code online and then click Buy Now.
- In case you renewed your license but its expiry date has not extended, select I have already renewed my license. Please update my license from server and then click Continue.
- If you have purchased an additional renewal code, then the renewal can be performed only after 10 days of the current renewal.
Using Quick Heal
I want Quick Heal to scan my system at every first boot on daily basis. What to do?
You can schedule the scanner to run automatically at predetermined time and intervals. You can schedule the scanning for daily and weekly. This will supplement other automatic protection features to ensure that your machine remains virus-free.
To configure Schedule Scans, follow these steps:
- On the Quick Heal Total Security Dashboard, click Mac Security.
- On the Mac Security setting screen, click Schedule Scans.
The Scheduled Scans details screen appears.
- To create a new schedule for scanning, click Add.
The Add Scheduled Scan screen appears where you can create a new scan schedule
name, its frequency, and other details.
- In the Scan name text box, type a scan schedule name.
- Set Scan Frequency from Daily and Weekly.
- Set Scan Time either as Start scan at first boot or Start scan at Fixed Time. When you
select Start at first boot, you do not have to specify the time of the day to start the scan.
Scanning takes place only during the first boot irrespective at what time you start the
- Set Scan priority from High and Low as you prefer.
- Set the Scan location:
- Set the Scan settings:
- To save your settings, click Save.
How do I set my Internet setting in case of proxy or sock4/5 connection?
To configure Proxy Setting, follow these steps:
- On the Quick Heal Total Security Dashboard, click Settings.
- On the Settings screen, click Proxy Support.
- On the Proxy Support screen, turn Proxy support ON to enable proxy support.
The Select proxy type, Enter server, Enter port, and user credentials text boxes are
- Select the proxy type from HTTP, SOCKS V4, SOCKS V5 based on your preference.
- In the Enter Server text box, enter the IP address of the proxy server or domain name.
- In Enter port text box, enter the port number of the proxy server.
By default port number is set as 80 for HTTP and 1080 for SOCKS V4, SOCKS V5.
- Enter user name and password credentials.
- To save your settings, click Save.
Queries about newly introduced features
How can a user activate the Windows Parallel desktop build with his product key?
- Install Quick Heal for Parallel Windows from the link that has been sent via email or the link that appears on the success page.
- Once the installation has been completed, enter the Quick Heal Mac activation key when you are asked for it. It can also be done from Main UI >> Help >> About >> Register Now.
- Follow the instructions shown in the wizard.
NOTE : Pre-Quick Heal Windows-Desktop-Activation condition: Your Quick Heal desktop for Mac should be activated first.
How can the user install Quick Heal on a parallel desktop?
The following steps showcase how Quick Heal can be installed on a parallel desktop:
- Switch on the parallel desktop
- Install the parallel build from the Quick Heal website
- Activate Quick Heal with the existing Mac activation key
Can a user activate two parallel desktop machines using the activation key?
No. If two machines are activated with the same key, the other activated copy will be tagged as "Pirated".
What is Browsing Protection?
Quick Heal Total Security for Mac has a feature Browsing Protection that protects you against landing up on websites with malicious content. It ensures that users have a safe browsing experience.
I have enabled Password Protection to protect unauthorized access to Quick Heal product settings. But now I have forgotten my password and I am not able to access the settings.
Please contact Quick Heal Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.Click here to view Quick Heal Technical Support details.
What is the difference between Browsing and Phishing protection?
Browsing Protection helps you block infected websites – that are virus infected – from accessing, while Phishing Protection helps you block fraudulent websites – that try to steal your personal information. To enable these features, you must turn them on.
How can I set a password to prevent others/children from accessing the parental control settings?
With Password Protection, you can restrict all other users from accessing Quick Heal Total Security so that no unauthorized users can make any changes in the settings.
To configure Password Protection, follow these steps:
- On the Quick Heal Total Security Dashboard, click Settings. Password Protection is turned off by default that you can turn on if required.
- On the Settings screen, turn Password Protection ON. The password protection screen appears.
- Enter password in the New Password text box and then confirm the password by entering it in Retype New Password. If you are setting the password for the first time, then Existing Password is disabled.
- To reset your password, click Password Protection.
- To save your setting, click Save.
How can I check the sites that children or other users accessed that I have blocked in the settings?
- Open Quick Heal Total Security.
- On the Quick Heal Total Security Dashboard, click Reports.
- On the Reports screen, click Parental Control Reports.
How to use Parental Control?
Parental Control can be used to control the Internet activity of the children or other users. Parents can decide which websites their children should visit and which they should not. Using the Parental Control feature, the parents can restrict categories of websites or block specific websites. The parents can also schedule Internet accessibility for their children.
What is Spam Protection?
With Spam Protection, you can block all unwanted emails such as spam, phishing and porn emails, from reaching into your mailbox. Spam Protection is enabled by default and we recommend you always keep the feature enabled.
How to view Users License details?
Open Quick Heal Total Security and then go to Menu > Quick Heal Total Security > About Quick Heal Total Security. On the About screen, click the View Details button.
How do I get Quick Heal Support?
To get support regarding any technical issues, follow these steps. On the Quick Heal Total Security menu bar, go to Help > Support. Here you can find various means for support.
How to access Quick Heal Total Security Help?
To access the Help option, follow these steps.
On the Quick Heal Total Security menu bar, go to Help > Quick Heal Total Security Help.
What is the use of Scan My Mac?
Scan My Mac is a complete scanning of your system. With Scan My Mac, you can scan the entire machine, files and folders excluding mapped network drives, folders, and files.